Germany headed for three-party government
Shlolz and Social Democrats win election.
Coalition with Greens and liberal Free Democrats a possibility.
Talks could go on for months.
Trade the election: live commentary & analysis
After three terms and 16 years, Angela Merkel will finally leave her position as chancellor – giving way to a new federal parliament and raising the prospect of a shake-up across German politics. This shift in power could send ripples through the financial markets:
- If the Greens get in, renewable energy and electric vehicle sectors could be boosted
- If the CDU win, a rally in German manufacturing and exports could be on the cards
- Follow the election LIVE with our real-time market commentary and trading ideas
Markets to watch
Our global research team identifies the information that drives markets so you can forecast potential price movement and seize forex trading opportunities.
- Who is Olaf Scholz? A look at the Social Democratic Party leader September 23, 2021 11:30 AM
- How will German elections impact major German stocks like SAP, Volkswagen, and Siemens? Three scenarios to watch September 21, 2021 10:37 AM
- How will German elections impact the Eurostoxx 50? Three scenarios to watch September 15, 2021 9:38 AM
Why trade the election with FOREX.com?
Leading insight & analysis
Enhance your trading strategies with tips and analysis from our expert team of industry leaders.
Powerful trading tools
Clear and competitive pricing
DAX 40 index trading guide
Discover more about what moves the DAX 40 price
How to trade the German election
Learn how to trade the next election with
our huge range of markets
How will German election impact the euro?
Three scenarios to watch