- US PPI (June) came in a tick better than expected at 1.7% y/y vs. 1.6% eyed. Core PPI came in at 2.3% vs. 2.1% expected. Despite the higher-than-expected inflation readings, the Fed is still almost certain to cut interest rates at the end of this month.
- US Treasury Secretary Mnuchin declared that the US may hit its debt ceiling before Congress returns from summer recess, meaning that a deal is necessary by the end of the month.
- USD/CAD is set to close at a year-to-date low below key previous support at 1.3050.
- The Aussie was the strongest major in a risk-on day; the US dollar was once again the weakest major currency.
- See the key trends and data releases we’ll be watching in the coming week!
Latest market news
Yesterday 08:45 PM
Yesterday 05:51 PM
Yesterday 05:10 PM
Yesterday 02:16 PM
Yesterday 08:35 AM
Yesterday 04:52 AM
Live Trading Webinars
Our interactive webinars, led by our industry experts, come highly recommended and can help provide your trading with the edge it needs.
November 29, 2023 10:40 PM
November 28, 2023 09:46 PM
November 28, 2023 11:30 AM
November 28, 2023 02:47 AM