[Video] Copper Could Outperform Precious Metals
Matt Simpson July 26, 2021 3:33 AM
Strong earnings have rekindled hopes of a stronger economy and helped copper test a key resistance level.
If earnings continue to outperform expectations then copper prices could well break out sooner than later. But the same cannot be said for platinum or palladium which have printed swing highs below resistance levels.
S&P 500: Market Internals
S&P 500: 4411.79 (1.01%), 23 July 2021
- Communication Services (2.65%) was the strongest sector and Energy (-0.43%) was the weakest
- 10 out of the 11 S&P 500 sectors closed higher
- 4 out of the 11 sectors outperformed the S&P 500
- 1 out of the 11 sectors traded lower on the S&P 500
- 412 (81.58%) stocks advanced and 91 (18.02%) declined
- 86.34% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 85.35% of stocks closed above their 50-day average
- 60.79% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 7.84% - Moderna Inc (MRNA.OQ)
- + 7.36% - Robert Half International Inc (RHI.N)
- + 5.30% - Facebook Inc (FB.OQ)
- -5.29% - Intel Corp (INTC.OQ)
- -4.71% - Verisign Inc (VRSN.OQ)
- -3.62% - Organon & Co (OGN.N)
How to trade with FOREX.com
Follow these easy steps to start trading with FOREX.com today:
- Open a Forex.com account, or log-in if you’re already a customer.
- Search for the pair you want to trade in our award-winning platform.
- Choose your position and size, and your stop and limit levels.
- Place the trade.
Disclaimer: StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as "Forex.com") is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, Forex.com does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by Forex.com or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although Forex.com is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, Forex.com does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
For further details see our full non-independent research disclaimer and quarterly summary.