Daily Forex Technical Trend Bias/Key Levels (Wed 03 Jul)
Kelvin Wong July 2, 2019 11:22 PM
EUR/USD – Still evolving within a short-term bearish configuration
click to enlarge chart
- Traded sideways below the 1.1350 key short-term pivotal resistance as per highlighted in our previous report (click here for a recap). Since its minor swing high of 1.1390 printed on 28 Jun 2019, the pair has started to evolve within a minor descending channel.
- No change, maintain bearish bias below 1.1350 key short-term pivotal resistance for a further potential push down towards the next near-term supports at 1.1225 and 1.1180. On the other hand, a clearance with an hourly close above 1.1350 negates the bearish tone for a squeeze up to retest 1.1420 (25 Jun 2019 swing high).
GBP/USD – Vulnerable for a major bearish breakdown
click to enlarge charts
- Drifted down lower as expected. No signs of bearish exhaustion yet and right now elements are suggested a potential major bearish breakdown below its ascending support (1.2500) in place since Oct 2016 major low (aftermath of the Brexit vote).
- Maintain bearish bias below a tightened key short-term pivotal resistance at 1.2670 for a further potential push down to test 1.2500 and a daily close below it sees an extension of the impulsive downleg to target the next support at 1.2370.
- On the other hand, a clearance with an hourly close above 1.2670 negates the bearish tone for a squeeze up towards the range resistance of 1.2785.
USD/JPY – Further push down in progress
click to enlarge chart
- Staged the expected push down below major pull-back resistance of the former primary ascending range support from Jun 2016 low as per highlighted in the previous report. Maintain bearish bias in any bounces below a tightened key short-term pivotal resistance at 108.15 for a further potential push down to retest the 25 Jun 2019 swing low of 106.80 in the first step.
- On the other hand, a clearance with an hourly close above 108.15 negates the bearish tone for a squeeze up to retest the 108.55/90 major resistance.
AUD/USD – 0.7040 remains the key resistance to watch
click to enlarge chart
- Maintain bearish bias below 0.7040 key pivotal resistance for a potential push down to target the 0.6900 near-term support in the first step.
- On the other hand, a clearance with a daily close above 0.7040 invalidates the bearish scenario for an extension of the corrective rebound towards the next resistance at 0.7125.
Charts are from eSignal
Disclaimer: The information on this web site is not targeted at the general public of any particular country. It is not intended for distribution to residents in any country where such distribution or use would contravene any local law or regulatory requirement. The information and opinions in this report are for general information use only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any currency or CFD contract. All opinions and information contained in this report are subject to change without notice. This report has been prepared without regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any particular recipient. Any references to historical price movements or levels is informational based on our analysis and we do not represent or warranty that any such movements or levels are likely to reoccur in the future. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness, nor does author assume any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss that may result from the reliance by any person upon any such information or opinions.
Futures, Options on Futures, Foreign Exchange and other leveraged products involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Losses can exceed your deposits. Increasing leverage increases risk. Spot Gold and Silver contracts are not subject to regulation under the U.S. Commodity Exchange Act. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are not available for US residents. Before deciding to trade forex and commodity futures, you should carefully consider your financial objectives, level of experience and risk appetite. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained herein is intended as general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that we do not provide any investment, legal, or tax advice. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all investment, legal, or tax matters. References to Forex.com or GAIN Capital refer to GAIN Capital Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.