FX Handover: Gold Bucks Its Parabolic Trend, Bitcoin Cracks 12k
Matt Simpson June 26, 2019 12:11 AM
A summary of news and snapshot of moves from today’s Asia session.
- The US dollar remains supported after comments from Powell and Bullard were perceived as less dovish than feared. The weak lead from Wall Street also weighed on Asian equity markets early on.
- NZD is the strongest major after RBNZ held rates and provided only a slightly dovish statement. Still, it paves the way for an August cut with key employment and inflation data arriving just ahead of their next meeting.
- Slight improvement to risk appetite saw gold fall -1.3%, currently its most bearish session in 3 months. USD/CNH nudged its way up to a 5-day high. JPY is the weakest major.
- China has suspended Canadian meat imports from select companies with immediate effect.
- A Senior administration official says Washington will not accept any conditions around the US use of tariffs in trade talks.
- Bitcoin racks $12k to reach its highest level since January 2018.
Disclaimer: The information on this web site is not targeted at the general public of any particular country. It is not intended for distribution to residents in any country where such distribution or use would contravene any local law or regulatory requirement. The information and opinions in this report are for general information use only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any currency or CFD contract. All opinions and information contained in this report are subject to change without notice. This report has been prepared without regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any particular recipient. Any references to historical price movements or levels is informational based on our analysis and we do not represent or warranty that any such movements or levels are likely to reoccur in the future. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness, nor does author assume any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss that may result from the reliance by any person upon any such information or opinions.
Futures, Options on Futures, Foreign Exchange and other leveraged products involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Losses can exceed your deposits. Increasing leverage increases risk. Spot Gold and Silver contracts are not subject to regulation under the U.S. Commodity Exchange Act. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are not available for US residents. Before deciding to trade forex and commodity futures, you should carefully consider your financial objectives, level of experience and risk appetite. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained herein is intended as general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that we do not provide any investment, legal, or tax advice. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all investment, legal, or tax matters. References to Forex.com or GAIN Capital refer to GAIN Capital Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.