Daily Forex Technical Trend Bias/Key Levels (Fri 21 Jun)
Kelvin Wong June 21, 2019 4:36 AM
EUR/USD – Watch the 1.1350 resistance
click to enlarge charts
- Continued to inch higher and right now it is hovering below the 1.1350 resistance (07/12 Jun 2019 swing high areas & the descending trendline from 10 Jan 2019 swing high). Prefer to turn neutral now between 1.1350 and 1.1245.
- A break with an hourly close above 1.1350 opens up scope for an extension of the corrective rebound towards the next intermediate resistance at 1.1420 (Fibonacci expansion & 21 Mar 2019 swing high area). On the flipside, an hourly close below 1.1245 revives the bearish tone for a slide back to retest this week’s current low of 1.1180.
GBP/USD – 1.2760 remains the key resistance to watch
click to enlarge chart
- Managed to hold below the 1.2760 key short-term pivotal resistance as expected post BoE. Click here to recap our previous report. Maintain bearish bias and added 1.2665 as the trigger level to reinforce a potential slide to retest the near-term support of 1.2560 in the first step.
- However, an hourly close above 1.2760 invalidates the bearish scenario for a further corrective rebound towards the next resistance at 1.2875.
USD/JPY – Further potential drop
click to enlarge chart
- Managed to drift down lower as expected and it is now coming close to the downside target/support of 107.10 as per highlighted in our previous report. No clear signs of bearish exhaustion at this juncture, maintain bearish bias below a tightened key short-term pivotal resistance now 107.85 for a further potential drop to target the next support at 106.60/50 (the lower limit of the descending channel & a Fibonacci expansion cluster).
- However, an hourly close above 108.20 negates the bearish tone for a squeeze up to retest the 108.65 key medium-term resistance.
AUD/USD – 0.6935 remains the key resistance to watch
click to enlarge chart
- Tested the 0.6935 key short-term pivotal resistance as per highlighted in our previous report with the hourly RSI oscillator that has started to exhibit exhaustion in short-term upside momentum.
- Maintain bearish bias and added 0.6900 as the downside trigger level to reinforce a potential slide back to retest the 0.6830/6810 significant support. However, an hourly close above 0.6935 invalidates the bearish tone for an extension of the corrective rebound towards the key medium-term resistance at 0.7020 (also the descending resistance from 03 Dec 2018 high).
Charts are from eSignal
Disclaimer: The information on this web site is not targeted at the general public of any particular country. It is not intended for distribution to residents in any country where such distribution or use would contravene any local law or regulatory requirement. The information and opinions in this report are for general information use only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any currency or CFD contract. All opinions and information contained in this report are subject to change without notice. This report has been prepared without regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any particular recipient. Any references to historical price movements or levels is informational based on our analysis and we do not represent or warranty that any such movements or levels are likely to reoccur in the future. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness, nor does author assume any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss that may result from the reliance by any person upon any such information or opinions.
Futures, Options on Futures, Foreign Exchange and other leveraged products involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Losses can exceed your deposits. Increasing leverage increases risk. Spot Gold and Silver contracts are not subject to regulation under the U.S. Commodity Exchange Act. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are not available for US residents. Before deciding to trade forex and commodity futures, you should carefully consider your financial objectives, level of experience and risk appetite. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained herein is intended as general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that we do not provide any investment, legal, or tax advice. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all investment, legal, or tax matters. References to Forex.com or GAIN Capital refer to GAIN Capital Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.