Equity Handover: Stocks Close Mixed After Setting a Record High Intraday
June 24, 2019 9:21 PM
See a summary of the top stock themes and trends from today's US session!
Index names may not reflect tradable instruments and not all markets are available in all regions.
- US stocks closed mixed after the S&P 500 made a fresh record high intraday. The small cap focused Russell 2000 shed over 1.25% on the day.
- Materials (XLB) was the strongest sector on the day, while Energy (XLE) brought up the rear.
- Traders remain on edge ahead of the highly-anticipated G20 meeting at the end of the week – see our full preview of the event.
- Weak US manufacturing data continue to pile up, with today’s Dallas Fed Manufacturing survey falling to -12.1, well below the estimated -2.0 reading.
- Gold extended its rally to five straight days, tacking on another 1% to close at a nearly 6-year high at $1415.
- Caesar’s Entertainment (CZR) surged 15% after the casino operator agreed to be bought out by Eldorado Resorsts (ERI).
Disclaimer: The information on this web site is not targeted at the general public of any particular country. It is not intended for distribution to residents in any country where such distribution or use would contravene any local law or regulatory requirement. The information and opinions in this report are for general information use only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any currency or CFD contract. All opinions and information contained in this report are subject to change without notice. This report has been prepared without regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any particular recipient. Any references to historical price movements or levels is informational based on our analysis and we do not represent or warranty that any such movements or levels are likely to reoccur in the future. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness, nor does author assume any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss that may result from the reliance by any person upon any such information or opinions.
Futures, Options on Futures, Foreign Exchange and other leveraged products involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Losses can exceed your deposits. Increasing leverage increases risk. Spot Gold and Silver contracts are not subject to regulation under the U.S. Commodity Exchange Act. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are not available for US residents. Before deciding to trade forex and commodity futures, you should carefully consider your financial objectives, level of experience and risk appetite. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained herein is intended as general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that we do not provide any investment, legal, or tax advice. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all investment, legal, or tax matters. References to Forex.com or GAIN Capital refer to GAIN Capital Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.