[Video] Double Top Tech Stocks, Gold Bugs Gun for 1800
Matt Simpson April 29, 2021 3:14 AM
The Nasdaq 100 has twice failed to hold onto gains above 14,000. Meanwhile, gold bugs are quietly snapping up the precious metal above key support.
Also in today’s video we look at Netflix (NFLX) as it clings onto a cluster of support levels, yet lacks the ambition to rise from them. This leaves two contrasting setups should volatility return, one way or another.
Updates to previous videos:
- Albemarle (ALB) is trading in a tight consolidation near this week’s high. We remain bullish above 162 should prices retrace, although a break above Monday’s high assumes bullish continuation.
- Morgan Stanley (MS) held above 76 support and a new bullish leg has resumed. Key support levels reside at 81.30, 80.0 and 78.29
- Brent rose to a six-day high in line with our bias form yesterday’s video. The US dollar index also printed a large bearish engulfing candle to strongly suggest a key swing high is in place and its bearish trend is now trying to resume.
- CAD/JPY has reached our initial target at 88.30. Whilst this favours the odds of a minor pullback, the trend remains firmly bullish, so our bias is for an eventual breakout.
S&P 500: Market Internals
S&P 500: 4183.18 (-0.08%), 28 April 2021
- Energy (3.3%) was the strongest sector and Information Technology (-0.96%) was the weakest
- 6 out of the 11 sectors traded lower on the S&P 500
- 232 (45.94%) stocks advanced and 272 (53.86%) declined
- 94.46% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 72.67% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 9.57% - Nov Inc (NOV.N)
- + 8.54% - Devon Energy Corp (DVN.N)
- + 7.79% - Hess Corp (HES.N)
- -14.2% - Enphase Energy Inc (ENPH.OQ)
- -9.08% - F5 Networks Inc (FFIV.OQ)
- -7.22% - Amgen Inc (AMGN.OQ)
Disclaimer: The information on this web site is not targeted at the general public of any particular country. It is not intended for distribution to residents in any country where such distribution or use would contravene any local law or regulatory requirement. The information and opinions in this report are for general information use only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any currency or CFD contract. All opinions and information contained in this report are subject to change without notice. This report has been prepared without regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any particular recipient. Any references to historical price movements or levels is informational based on our analysis and we do not represent or warranty that any such movements or levels are likely to reoccur in the future. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness, nor does author assume any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss that may result from the reliance by any person upon any such information or opinions.
Futures, Options on Futures, Foreign Exchange and other leveraged products involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Losses can exceed your deposits. Increasing leverage increases risk. Spot Gold and Silver contracts are not subject to regulation under the U.S. Commodity Exchange Act. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are not available for US residents. Before deciding to trade forex and commodity futures, you should carefully consider your financial objectives, level of experience and risk appetite. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained herein is intended as general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that we do not provide any investment, legal, or tax advice. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all investment, legal, or tax matters. References to Forex.com or GAIN Capital refer to GAIN Capital Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.