[Video] Has Copper Printed its Low?
Matt Simpson May 4, 2021 4:07 AM
Whilst copper’s strong rally found resistance at a near 10-year high last week, recent price action suggests it may have another crack at this key resistance level soon.
Also in today’s video are two US stocks, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Comcast (CMCSA). Whilst Berkshire hit new record highs it shows the potential to continue higher, whilst bullish momentum on Comcast has realigned with its longer-term bullish trend.
Updates to previous videos:
- The DAX is yet to confirm a head and shoulders top with a break beneath 15,071 support (call it 15,000 to be safe). Yet bulls have failed to step in with any conviction, so the pattern’s potential remains on the table unless prices break above 15,355.
- Gold’s solid rally yesterday saw prices rebound from its 50-day eMA and close just below 1800. A small bullish flag is forming on the hourly chart, and momentum suggests bulls may have another crack at breaking above 1800 today.
- Netflix continues to hold above 493.54 support (a key level for bulls to defend) yet prices are struggling to hold above 515.46. It therefore remains a flip of a coin as to which side of the 493.54 – 515.46 range it will break out of but, when it does, it could signal its next directional move.
S&P 500: Market Internals
S&P 500: 4192.66 (0.27%), 03 May 2021
- Energy (2.9%) was the strongest sector and Consumer Discretionary (-0.66%) was the weakest
- 6 out of the 11 sectors outperformed the S&P 500
- 333 (65.94%) stocks advanced and 168 (33.27%) declined
- 93.47% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 73.27% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 8.02% - Baker Hughes Co (BKR.N)
- + 7.54% - Mohawk Industries Inc (MHK.N)
- + 7.16% - Gap Inc (GPS.N)
- - 7.93% - Estee Lauder Companies Inc (EL.N)
- - 4.09% - Discovery Inc (DISCA.OQ)
- - 4.06% - ETSY Inc (ETSY.OQ)
Disclaimer: The information on this web site is not targeted at the general public of any particular country. It is not intended for distribution to residents in any country where such distribution or use would contravene any local law or regulatory requirement. The information and opinions in this report are for general information use only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any currency or CFD contract. All opinions and information contained in this report are subject to change without notice. This report has been prepared without regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any particular recipient. Any references to historical price movements or levels is informational based on our analysis and we do not represent or warranty that any such movements or levels are likely to reoccur in the future. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness, nor does author assume any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss that may result from the reliance by any person upon any such information or opinions.
Futures, Options on Futures, Foreign Exchange and other leveraged products involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Losses can exceed your deposits. Increasing leverage increases risk. Spot Gold and Silver contracts are not subject to regulation under the U.S. Commodity Exchange Act. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are not available for US residents. Before deciding to trade forex and commodity futures, you should carefully consider your financial objectives, level of experience and risk appetite. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained herein is intended as general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that we do not provide any investment, legal, or tax advice. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all investment, legal, or tax matters. References to Forex.com or GAIN Capital refer to GAIN Capital Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.