Video Oil Slips at 70 CRB Commodity Basket Eyes New Highs
Matt Simpson September 6, 2021 4:49 AM
We may not have seen WTI break above $70 yet, but that doesn’t mean it can’t. And the CRB commodities index suggests there could be more upside for commodities in general.
In today’s video we update our analysis on WTI futures after it once again failed to close above $70. We then look at the CRB commodities index, and add DocuSign (DOCU) to our bullish watchlist.
S&P 500: Market Internals
S&P 500: 4535.43 (-0.03%), 03 September 2021
- Information Technology (0.38%) was the strongest sector and Utilities (-0.8%) was the weakest
- 4 out of the 11 S&P 500 sectors closed higher
- 4 out of the 11 sectors outperformed the S&P 500
- 7 out of the 11 sectors traded lower on the S&P 500
- 379 (75.05%) stocks advanced and 124 (24.55%) declined
- 80.79% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 68.51% of stocks closed above their 50-day average
- 71.49% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 12.1% - Quanta Services Inc (PWR.N)
- + 6.70% - Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG.N)
- + 5.98% - Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY.N)
- -5.2% - Autodesk Inc (ADSK.OQ)
- -4.6% - Hormel Foods Corp (HRL.N)
- -2.9% - Gap Inc (GPS.N)
How to trade with FOREX.com
Follow these easy steps to start trading with FOREX.com today:
- Open a Forex.com account, or log-in if you’re already a customer.
- Search for the pair you want to trade in our award-winning platform.
- Choose your position and size, and your stop and limit levels.
- Place the trade.
Disclaimer: The information on this web site is not targeted at the general public of any particular country. It is not intended for distribution to residents in any country where such distribution or use would contravene any local law or regulatory requirement. The information and opinions in this report are for general information use only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any currency or CFD contract. All opinions and information contained in this report are subject to change without notice. This report has been prepared without regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any particular recipient. Any references to historical price movements or levels is informational based on our analysis and we do not represent or warranty that any such movements or levels are likely to reoccur in the future. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness, nor does author assume any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss that may result from the reliance by any person upon any such information or opinions.
Futures, Options on Futures, Foreign Exchange and other leveraged products involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Losses can exceed your deposits. Increasing leverage increases risk. Spot Gold and Silver contracts are not subject to regulation under the U.S. Commodity Exchange Act. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are not available for US residents. Before deciding to trade forex and commodity futures, you should carefully consider your financial objectives, level of experience and risk appetite. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained herein is intended as general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that we do not provide any investment, legal, or tax advice. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all investment, legal, or tax matters. References to Forex.com or GAIN Capital refer to GAIN Capital Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.