[Video] The Dollar Breaks Lower (and Metals Like It)
Matt Simpson April 14, 2021 4:16 AM
With US inflation out of the way, traders were willing to try new ranges. And this saw the USD break below 92.00 with gold and silver rising on the back of it.
Updates to previous videos:
- Fortune brands is back below 100 after rallying over 8% since the original video. This could just be part of a minor pullback, and the channel target around 105.50 remains. However, if prices fall back below the small consolidation around 97.50 then it invalidates our bullish bias over the near-term. But, further out, we’d still kook for evidence of a higher low to form above the 93.40 breakout level, for future opportunities.
- The DAX retraced from its highs but continues hold above its gap support level (15,110). A break below this level suggests a counter-trend phase has begun, whilst a break above 15,312 assumes bullish continuation on the daily chart.
S&P 500 Market Internals:
S&P 500: 4141.59 (0.33%), 13 April 2021
- The S&P 500 closed 0.24% below its 52-week high
- 223 (44.16%) stocks advanced and 279 (55.25%) declined
- Utilities (1.22%) was the strongest sector and Financials (-0.92%) was the weakest
- 5 out of the 11 sectors outperformed the S&P 500
- 95.05% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 100% of stocks closed above their 50-day average
- 80% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 8.6% - Tesla Inc (TSLA.OQ)
- + 3.41% - Danaher Corp (DHR.N)
- + 3.20% - West Pharmaceutical Services Inc (WST.N)
- -5.25% - Franklin Resources Inc (BEN.N)
- -4.25% - PVH Corp (PVH.N)
- -3.92% - Synchrony Financial (SYF.N)
Disclaimer: The information on this web site is not targeted at the general public of any particular country. It is not intended for distribution to residents in any country where such distribution or use would contravene any local law or regulatory requirement. The information and opinions in this report are for general information use only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any currency or CFD contract. All opinions and information contained in this report are subject to change without notice. This report has been prepared without regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any particular recipient. Any references to historical price movements or levels is informational based on our analysis and we do not represent or warranty that any such movements or levels are likely to reoccur in the future. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness, nor does author assume any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss that may result from the reliance by any person upon any such information or opinions.
Futures, Options on Futures, Foreign Exchange and other leveraged products involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Losses can exceed your deposits. Increasing leverage increases risk. Spot Gold and Silver contracts are not subject to regulation under the U.S. Commodity Exchange Act. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are not available for US residents. Before deciding to trade forex and commodity futures, you should carefully consider your financial objectives, level of experience and risk appetite. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained herein is intended as general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that we do not provide any investment, legal, or tax advice. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all investment, legal, or tax matters. References to Forex.com or GAIN Capital refer to GAIN Capital Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.