Were it not for the stronger US dollar then gold would likely be trading higher. But we see its potential for another leg higher due to technicals for the dollar and gold. So, we take a look at spot gold prices (XAU/USD), then update our analysis on Target (TGT) and copper after they broke key levels yesterday.
S&P 500: Market Internals
S&P 500: 4400.27 (-1.07%), 17 August 2021
- Consumer Discretionary (0.145%) was the strongest sector and Energy (-2.39%) was the weakest
- 10 out of the 11 sectors traded lower on the S&P 500
- 54 (10.69%) stocks advanced and 450 (89.11%) declined
- 78.02% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 56.04% of stocks closed above their 50-day average
- 44.55% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 9.59% - Lowe's Companies Inc (LOW.N)
- + 5.57% - TJX Companies Inc (TJX.N)
- + 3.69% - ViacomCBS Inc (VIAC.OQ)
- -5.06% - Organon & Co (OGN.N)
- -4.22% - Steris plc (STE.N)
- -4.00% - Chevron Corp (CVX.N)
How to trade with FOREX.com
Follow these easy steps to start trading with FOREX.com today:
- Open a Forex.com account, or log-in if you’re already a customer.
- Search for the pair you want to trade in our award-winning platform.
- Choose your position and size, and your stop and limit levels.
- Place the trade.