Alongside WTI we also look at spot silver prices, as a bearish hammer has formed at a key resistance cluster. Take note that the US dollar and tomorrow’s Nonfarm payroll report will likely make their mark on silver and WTI, one way or another. We then look at NZD/JPY as it shows the potential to break higher, should appetite for risk allow.
S&P 500: Market Internals
S&P 500: 4402.66 (-0.46%), 04 August 2021
- Communication Services (0.2339%) was the strongest sector and Energy (-2.9%) was the weakest
- 9 out of the 11 sectors traded lower on the S&P 500
- 121 (23.96%) stocks advanced and 383 (75.84%) declined
- 81.58% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 63.37% of stocks closed above their 50-day average
- 54.85% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 10.7% - Paycom Software Inc (PAYC.N)
- + 8.63% - DaVita Inc (DVA.N)
- + 8.42% - Moderna Inc (MRNA.OQ)
- -8.92% - General Motors Co (GM.N)
- -8.86% - Lumen Technologies Inc (LUMN.N)
- -8.84% - Unum Group (UNM.N)
How to trade with FOREX.com
Follow these easy steps to start trading with FOREX.com today:
- Open a Forex.com account, or log-in if you’re already a customer.
- Search for the pair you want to trade in our award-winning platform.
- Choose your position and size, and your stop and limit levels.
- Place the trade.