In today’s video we update our analysis on the S&P 500 E-mini futures contract, then take a fresh look at the FTSE 100 which may be within a bearish pattern of its own. We then wrap op on the US dollar index (DXY) which will be a key market to watch after Jerome Powel’s keynote speak today at 15:00 BST.
S&P 500: Market Internals
S&P 500: 4470 (-0.58%), 26 August 2021
- Real Estate (0.097%) was the strongest sector and Energy (-1.5%) was the weakest
- 1 out of the 11 S&P 500 sectors closed higher
- 6 out of the 11 sectors outperformed the S&P 500
- 10 out of the 11 sectors traded lower on the S&P 500
- 102 (20.20%) stocks advanced and 401 (79.41%) declined
- 79.01% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 62.77% of stocks closed above their 50-day average
- 54.26% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 5.1% - ETSY Inc (ETSY.OQ)
- + 4.72% - NetApp Inc (NTAP.OQ)
- + 2.96% - Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP.OQ)
- -12.08% - Dollar Tree Inc (DLTR.OQ)
- -9.37% - Autodesk Inc (ADSK.OQ)
- -4.47% - Western Digital Corp (WDC.OQ)
How to trade with FOREX.com
Follow these easy steps to start trading with FOREX.com today:
- Open a Forex.com account, or log-in if you’re already a customer.
- Search for the pair you want to trade in our award-winning platform.
- Choose your position and size, and your stop and limit levels.
- Place the trade.