It may have only been a minor gain for the S&P 500 yesterday, but it was enough to break a 5-day losing streak at an important support level.
For today’s video we update our analysis on the S&P 500 E-mini futures contract, then take another look at WTI as it flirts with a break of $70. We then add a US listed energy equity to the bullish watchlist (APA Corp) after a strong close yesterday.
S&P 500: Market Internals
S&P 500: 4468.73 (0.23%), 13 September 2021
- Energy (2.9%) was the strongest sector and Healthcare (-0.61%) was the weakest
- 8 out of the 11 S&P 500 sectors closed higher
- 5 out of the 11 sectors outperformed the S&P 500
- 305 (60.40%) stocks advanced and 198 (39.21%) declined
- 74.65% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 53.47% of stocks closed above their 50-day average
- 38.81% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 7.81% - APA Corp (US) (APA.OQ)
- + 7.19% - Marathon Oil Corp (MRO.N)
- + 6.69% - Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY.N)
- -6.60% - Moderna Inc (MRNA.OQ)
- -4.99% - Albemarle Corp (ALB.N)
- -4.37% - Fortinet Inc (FTNT.OQ)
How to trade with FOREX.com
Follow these easy steps to start trading with FOREX.com today:
- Open a Forex.com account, or log-in if you’re already a customer.
- Search for the pair you want to trade in our award-winning platform.
- Choose your position and size, and your stop and limit levels.
- Place the trade.
Latest market news
Yesterday 08:27 PM
Yesterday 04:00 PM
Web Trader platform
Our sophisticated web-based platform is packed with features.
Latest Video articles
October 25, 2021 03:08 AM
September 26, 2021 11:46 PM
September 23, 2021 11:34 PM
September 22, 2021 10:05 PM