In today’s video we take another look at the S&P 500 futures contract. Then add two new equities to the watchlist for a potential bullish or bearish move; Align Technologies (ALGN) and The Clorox Company (CLX).
S&P 500: Market Internals
S&P 500: 4486.23 (0.15%), 24 August 2021
- Energy (1.61%) was the strongest sector and Consumer Staples (-0.75%) was the weakest
- 6 out of the 11 S&P 500 sectors closed higher
- 6 out of the 11 sectors outperformed the S&P 500
- 5 out of the 11 sectors traded lower on the S&P 500
- 313 (61.98%) stocks advanced and 191 (37.82%) declined
- 80.99% of stocks closed above their 200-day average
- 100% of stocks closed above their 50-day average
- 62.77% of stocks closed above their 20-day average
- + 8.32% - Best Buy Co Inc (BBY.N)
- + 7.53% - Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS.N)
- + 7.01% - Wynn Resorts Ltd (WYNN.OQ)
- -6.1% - Seagate Technology Holdings PLC (STX.OQ)
- -4.12% - Moderna Inc (MRNA.OQ)
- -3.5% - Nielsen Holdings PLC (NLSN.N)
How to trade with FOREX.com
Follow these easy steps to start trading with FOREX.com today:
- Open a Forex.com account, or log-in if you’re already a customer.
- Search for the pair you want to trade in our award-winning platform.
- Choose your position and size, and your stop and limit levels.
- Place the trade.