Earnings season: banks to reveal record profit levels?
Take a position on heavyweights like JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America:
- US banks have benefited from record federal stimulus
- Earnings growth has been driven by M&A and IPOs
- Banks have outperformed the broader market
- Go long or short on the Covid-19 recovery
US banks earnings preview: 3 key themes to watch
Q4 earnings season kicks off in earnest later this week, with major banks like JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley all scheduled to report their results by the middle of next week.Read full article
How do I trade earnings season?
To trade bank earnings, you decide whether you think a bank’s share price is going to move up or down when it releases its quarterly report – and open a position accordingly. Open a FOREX.com account to get started, or try a demo to trade risk-free.
Can I short bank stocks?
If you think a bank is going to miss estimates and fall in value, you can short it by selling its stock instead of buying it. With your FOREX.com account, simply select ‘sell’ instead of ‘buy’ in the platform.
Our global research team identifies the information that drives markets so you can forecast potential price movement and seize forex trading opportunities.
- Next H1 preview: Where next for the Next share price? September 27, 2021 9:50 AM
- Blackberry Q2 preview: Where next for Blackberry shares? September 20, 2021 10:55 AM
- THG H1 preview: where next for THG shares? September 14, 2021 9:01 AM
JP Morgan Chase and Co.
14th January 2022
|Wells Fargo and Co.
||14th January 2022
14th January 2022
|Goldman Sachs||18th January 2022
|Bank of America||
19th January 2022
||19th January 2022
Start trading with FOREX.com today
- Integrated trading tools, market commentary and analysis
- Advanced charting tools, 80+ technical indicators
- Powerful mobile apps deliver a complete trading experience, right at your fingertips