Earnings season: Will banks build on strong Q4 profits?
Take a position on banking heavyweights like JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America.
- Fed rate hikes expected to boost lending profitability
- However, pressures on cost base persist
- Global economic disruption caused by Ukraine war a concern, as well as threat of long-term higher inflation
- Go long or short on the post-Covid-19 recovery
Trade with a regulated platform you can trust
CFD trading involves complex financial instruments with significant risk of loss
Bid and Ask spread cost still applies
US banks earnings preview: 3 key themes to watch
Q1 earnings season kicks off in earnest early-mid April, with JPMorgan Chase & Co releasing its report on April 13th, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, and Morgan Stanley April 14th, and Bank of America April 18th.Read full article
How do I trade earnings season?
To trade bank earnings, you decide whether you think a bank’s share price is going to move up or down when it releases its quarterly report – and open a position accordingly. Open a FOREX.com account to get started, or try a demo to trade risk-free.
Can I short bank stocks?
If you think a bank is going to miss estimates and fall in value, you can short it by selling its stock instead of buying it. With your FOREX.com account, simply select ‘sell’ instead of ‘buy’ in the platform.
Our global research team identifies the information that drives markets so you can forecast potential price movement and seize forex trading opportunities.
- Next H1 preview: Where next for the Next share price? September 27, 2021 9:50 AM
- Blackberry Q2 preview: Where next for Blackberry shares? September 20, 2021 10:55 AM
- THG H1 preview: where next for THG shares? September 14, 2021 9:01 AM
JP Morgan Chase and Co.
13th April 2022
|Wells Fargo and Co.
||14th April 2022
14th April 2022
|Goldman Sachs||14th April 2022
14th April 2022
|Bank of America||18th April 2022
Start trading with FOREX.com today
- Integrated trading tools, market commentary and analysis
- Advanced charting tools, 80+ technical indicators
- Powerful mobile apps deliver a complete trading experience, right at your fingertips