Why trade IPOs with us?
Trade post-IPO volatility
Trade on an award-winning platform
Stay ahead of the market
What is an IPO?
An IPO stands for initial public offering, it’s the first time a private company sells shares of its stock to the public. The process is often referred to as ‘going public’.
For companies, listing their shares on a stock exchange gives them the chance to raise capital for growth initiatives and to raise their profile. For traders and investors, an IPO is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of growing companies or take a position on volatility.
Learn more about what an IPO is and how the process works.
Recently, companies have been choosing to go public via a SPAC – or special purpose acquisition company. By merging with another company, private firms can ‘go public’ without the need for a traditional IPO.
SPACs have become increasingly popular as they’re quicker and less regulated, meaning companies that wouldn’t be accepted in the normal IPO process can still find a route to financial markets.
Find out more about SPACs.
How to trade IPOs
Take a position on popular IPOs as soon as the shares list in four simple steps:
- Open an account, or log in if you’re already a customer
- Search for the company you want to trade
- Choose your position and size, and your stop and limit levels
- Place the trade and monitor the market
There are so many upcoming IPOs and SPACs, with new listings happening every single day. Here are a few of the most anticipated listings that we’ve been keeping an eye on.
Our global research team identifies the information that drives markets so you can forecast potential price movement and seize forex trading opportunities.
- Duolingo IPO: Everything you need to know about Duolingo July 28, 2021 6:50 AM
- Clarios International IPO: Everything you need to know about Clarios July 27, 2021 10:30 AM
- Robinhood’s IPO: what you need to know July 21, 2021 9:20 AM
Start trading with FOREX.com today
- Integrated trading tools, market commentary and analysis
- Advanced charting tools, 80+ technical indicators
- Powerful mobile apps deliver a complete trading experience, right at your fingertips