For FOREX, it’s essential that we provide the appropriate level of care to our clients. As we understand that sometimes things can happen in life which are out of your control and can affect your personal circumstances, wellbeing or the way that you trade.
We are invested in our clients’ wellbeing and want to know if we can support you in a more effective way, so we encourage you to disclose any relevant information about your personal circumstances.
Here are some examples of what we think can impact your ability to manage your account.
- You retire
- You suffer a bereavement
- Your relationship has broken down
- You are a victim of domestic abuse
Your trading behaviour
- You have noticed an increase in your trading activity to a level you don’t feel comfortable with
- You are concerned about how much you think about trading e.g., fixating on bad outcomes, anxiety over open positions
- You are aware that your trading habits are unhealthy, e.g., placing impulsive trades, risking money you can’t afford to lose
Your financial situation
- A change in income e.g., you have lost your job, are between jobs
- You have incurred unforeseen expenses
- You have long-term debt issues
- You are struggling due to higher living costs e.g., short term winter energy price rises
- You are having difficulties with unanticipated rises in monthly living expenses e.g., mortgage rates, travel costs, food prices
Your physical and mental health
- Physical disability
- Long-term illness
- You suffer from addiction e.g., gambling, alcohol
- A mental health condition
It is possible that you don’t require additional support for years and then, gradually or suddenly, you may be affected in any of the above areas. As it can often be difficult to judge, you might want to be asking yourself some of these questions when deciding whether you want to get in touch.
The products we offer are complex and high-risk so it’s important you fully understand how they work before you start trading and throughout your relationship with us.
We have a range of free educational videos in our Trading Academy and different tools which can help you manage your account. If you’re just getting started, you can open a free demo account to improve your understanding. If you have an account but are reconsidering whether you fully understand the products, please get in touch.
You may want to seek further advice and support. Some professional resources which you may find useful are listed below:
|Your mental health
|Your physical health