- Australia's ASX 200 index fell by -93.7 points (-1.37%) and currently trades at 6,749.20
- Japan's Nikkei 225 index has fallen by -297.44 points (-1.07%) and currently trades at 27,578.47
- Hong Kong's Hang Seng index has fallen by -96.36 points (-0.51%) and currently trades at 18,834.02
- China's A50 Index has fallen by -172.96 points (-1.3%) and currently trades at 13,181.70
UK and Europe:
- UK's FTSE 100 futures are currently down -44.5 points (-0.61%), the cash market is currently estimated to open at 7,237.57
- Euro STOXX 50 futures are currently down -29 points (-0.82%), the cash market is currently estimated to open at 3,512.79
- Germany's DAX futures are currently down -120 points (-0.93%), the cash market is currently estimated to open at 12,836.66
- DJI futures are currently down -186 points (-0.6%)
- S&P 500 futures are currently down -101.5 points (-0.85%)
- Nasdaq 100 futures are currently down -26 points (-0.67%)
- Stronger than expected data from China, and hints from the RBA governor that it is closer to normalising rates saw NZD and AUD as the strongest majors overnight.
- A BOJ official and South Korean Finance Minister were both on the wires saying they are looking at ways to stabilise their currencies after excessive depreciation.
- Gold remains anchored to yesterday’s low after closing beneath the 2021 low on strong momentum.
- US and European futures are pointing to a weak of open for cash market indices.
EUR/GBP 4-hour chart:
A strong bullish trend has developed on EUR/GBP, although it has so far struggled to break convincingly above the April high. But a defining rally since September is that the more volatile days are bullish, with yesterday’s rally from the monthly pivot being the most recent example. The weekly R1 pivot
Economic events up next (Times in BST)
Latest market news
Today 07:41 PM
Today 12:18 PM
Today 11:49 AM
Today 11:32 AM
Web Trader platform
Our sophisticated web-based platform is packed with features.
Latest Technical Analysis articles
March 24, 2023 08:19 AM
March 22, 2023 02:00 PM