- Why do I need to verify my debit card?
- How can I verify my debit card?
- How can I fund my account?
- What is the minimum/maximum amount I can deposit?
- Can I fund with a personal check or business check?
- How are my funds protected?
- What is third-party funding?
- Can I use multiple payment sources to fund my account?
- What should I do if the card I used to fund my account is closed, lost, stolen or not available for withdrawal?
- My deposit has been declined. What should I do?
- Does FOREX.com accept Western Union or PayPal?
- How will a card deposit appear on my bank statement?
- Why is the amount posted in my account less than the amount I wired?
- I funded my account by bank transfer. Why don't I see this amount available for withdrawal or transfer?
- Can I transfer funds between multiple trading accounts?
- Why are my account settings incompatible with ACH or Google Pay’s Plaid service?
- Is there a fix if my bank isn’t listed on ACH or Plaid?
- I’m having trouble completing transactions when using ACH or Plaid. Why is this?
- How long does it take to verify a debit card?
- ACH Disclaimer
Why do I need to verify my debit card?
It is our responsibility to adhere to Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulation. For the security of our customers and to reduce fraud, we verify the ownership of debit cards prior to use.
How can I verify my debit card?
The easiest way to validate a debit card is to upload an image of your debit card that includes cardholder’s name and card number.
In some cases, you will need to provide us with an image of the front and back of your card.
The bank statement must include the following:
- Your name, current mailing address, and account number (usually shown with only the last four digits of your account number for security purposes) and,
- Debit card transaction that includes the last four digits of debit card
JP Morgan Chase
Wells Fargo Bank
How can I fund my account?
You can securely fund your account by logging in to MyAccount and visiting the funding page. FOREX.com cannot accept deposits from third parties. Please note that you may experience longer processing times if the name on the originating account does not match your FOREX.com account.
There are three easy ways to fund your account:
Bank Transfer (ACH) – Recommended
You can transfer a maximum of $10,000 or currency equivalent per transaction and funds will typically be available immediately for trading. The minimum transaction for bank transfers is $100 per transaction. We accept USD, no fee for bank transfers.
There is no minimum or maximum deposit amount for wire transfers. Wire transfers may take up to 1-2 business days for domestic wires and 2-5 days for international wires before they are available for trading. We accept USD, EUR, CAD, JPY, CHF, AUD and GBP. FOREX.com does not charge fees for incoming wires. However, your bank may charge a service fee. Wire transfers that involve a bank outside of the US may require an intermediary US bank. US intermediary banks may charge a transaction fee.
Debit cards must be verified before use. You can deposit a maximum of $10,000 (or currency equivalent) per transaction and funds will typically be available immediately for trading. The minimum transaction for debit card deposits is $100 per transaction. We accept Visa and MasterCard in USD, GBP and EUR. However, please be aware that all debit card transactions are automatically converted to USD. FOREX.com does not charge fees for incoming card deposits. If you deposit funds from abroad, you may be charged a cross-border fee or currency conversion fee by your issuing bank.
What is the minimum/maximum amount I can deposit?
You can deposit a minimum of $100 per transaction if funding by bank transfer or debit card. However, we recommend a minimum $2,500 to allow you more flexibility and better risk management when trading your account.
You can deposit a maximum of $10,000 per transaction if you are funding by bank transfer or debit card. Wire transfers have no restriction on transaction size.
Can I fund with a personal check or business check?
Currently, we are not accepting personal or business checks.
How are my funds protected?
All customer deposits are kept separate from our own operating funds and distributed across a global network of custodian banks. Every bank we use holds an investment-grade rating and is monitored as per the guidelines set by the Risk Committee of GAIN's Board of Directors.
What is third-party funding?
A third party is considered to be anyone who is not an owner of the account.
For the purposes of a funding or withdrawal transaction, the name(s) on the FOREX.com trading account must be an exact match with the name(s) on the account of the other financial institution.
Can I use multiple payment sources to fund my account?
Yes, you are free to use multiple sources at any time to fund your account.
Keep in mind, if you have deposited funds using multiple methods you must exhaust the total deposit amounts based in the following order:
- Bank Transfer
- Debit Card
Excess funds may be withdrawn via bank transfer or wire. In the event you add a new bank account to withdraw excess funds, FOREX.com will require evidence of the account by uploading a bank statement.
What should I do if the card I used to fund my account is closed, lost, stolen or not available for withdrawal?
In accordance with our Anti-Money Laundering policy, we are legally obligated to verify the status of the original funding account before we can process a withdrawal of funds to another source.
In the event that the original funding account is no longer available, you will need to provide us with evidence of its status, such as an account statement or relative document issued by your bank. Documentation must include the following:
- Name of the account holder (must match name on FOREX.com account)
- Last four digits of account number and/or payment to FOREX.com
- Language noting the status change of your account
My deposit has been declined. What should I do?
Your bank may decline your transaction for several reasons. These may include:
- Insufficient funds
- Incorrect expiry date
- Incorrect CVC number (the 3-digit security code on the back of your card)
- Invalid card number
- Out-of-date address details
- Suspected fraudulent transaction
To resolve this, you will need to contact your card issuer.
Does FOREX.com accept Western Union or PayPal?
No, we do not accept payments through Western Union or PayPal.
How will a card deposit appear on my bank statement?
When you deposit funds into your FOREX.com account via a card, it will appear as a purchase.
Why is the amount posted in my account less than the amount I wired?
Your deposit may be reduced by a service fee charged by your bank. FOREX.com does not charge incoming wire fees.
I funded my account by bank transfer. Why don't I see this amount available for withdrawal or transfer?
Funds deposited by bank transfer are not available for withdrawal or transfer until 5 business days after the deposit date.
Can I transfer funds between multiple trading accounts?
Fund transfers are available between linked trading accounts. To link accounts, click the 'Link Your Trading Account' button in the Summary section of MyAccount and follow the instructions. Please allow up to two business days to process your request. You will receive an email with additional instructions once the accounts are linked.
After the accounts are linked, you can click the Transfer button in the Funding section of MyAccount to transfer funds between them.
Why are my account settings incompatible with ACH or Google Pay’s Plaid service?
To link your bank account to Plaid, you must first update your bank settings. If you encounter any difficulty when you try to fund your FOREX.com account using Plaid, the likeliest explanation is that your bank requires you to enter a one-time passcode each time you log in. You can change your settings so you are only asked for a one-time passcode when registering a new device with Plaid.
Is there a fix if my bank isn’t listed on ACH or Plaid?
If ACH or Plaid cannot find your bank, you can tap Search and enter the name of your bank manually. Be careful and ensure you type out your bank’s official name accurately and in full. If your bank still isn’t listed, EITHER
- Plaid is not integrated with your bank, OR
- Plaid cannot establish a reliable connection with your bank at this time
It may be that your bank does not allow you to connect your account to third-party apps. Ultimately, it is up to your bank to decide whether or not to integrate with Plaid. You could try contacting your bank to ask if they can set up Plaid for you.
I'm having trouble completing transactions when using ACH or Plaid. Why is this?
Any of the following reasons may produce a failed connection which can stop a transaction from going ahead:
- The login and password that provides access to your bank may have changed. Verify the login and password details on your banking app or website, then return to Plaid and re-connect your account.
- Plaid or your bank may be encountering technical issues. Try again in a few hours.
- Sometimes a bank will make changes impacting your ability to access your account details. This can lead to a slow or lost connection. If you encounter this problem regularly, contact your bank to let them know.
How long does it take to verify a debit card?
Once you have uploaded your document(s), we will verify them as soon as possible. It may take up to 48 hours to verify your document(s).
Plaid is a third-party service provided by Plaid Inc. FOREX.com does not have control over the Plaid service and takes no responsibility for its performance. To the extent not prohibited by law, FOREX.com shall not be liable for any losses or damages suffered or incurred from the use, operation, or performance of Plaid. In addition, FOREX.com shall have no responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages that arise from any fault, inaccuracy, omission, delay or any other failure of Plaid related to the performance of the service, the use of your personal and financial information, or otherwise.
By proceeding to use the Plaid service, you acknowledge and agree to the foregoing.